OneSheep is looking for an Interaction Designer ready to bring extraordinary impact to kingdom ministry. You are passionate about using design to solve complex problems and deliver delightful experiences so our partner organisations can push their ministry forward and help people meet with Jesus. Your expertise, design thinking approach and passion for end users will be applied across a wide variety of services and products, from devotional apps to ministry insight platforms to relationship coaching tools and plenty more.
With 3+ years of professional experience you will be led by a human-centered approach, engaging end users at all phases of the design process, to gather requirements, test assumptions and iterate on concepts. You will have a grasp of the big picture, being able to design to solve organisational level problems, as well as dive into the details to land the ideal typography and colours of the final solution.
You will have excellent communication skills, being able to collaborate with partners, engineers, users and key stakeholders alike, conversing in English. You’ll have an appreciation for the engineering implications of your designs, as well as the ability to design solutions that factor in technical limitations and constraints. You’ll also enjoy pairing with developers to see designs fully implemented to spec, getting the small details just right. You’ll manage competing priorities and set and work to clear timelines for delivery.
You know your God given talents and feel called to invest them in the ministry context. You are always curious, embrace ambiguity and are never afraid to ask the question. You own the problem and aren’t afraid to fail, seeing it as a great learning opportunity. You’ll be bold, courageous and eager to join in the dreaming of what could be. A team player you’ll love contributing your part to the whole body and quick to celebrate others successes.
You’ll be happy working remotely and self managing tasks as much as jumping into video calls and joining the fray on a digital whiteboard. You’ll probably be +/- 3 hours from UTC‑0. You’ll be up for some flexible hours to join calls on the other side of the world or jump on a plane to hang out with the team or partners (when travel is allowed again!).
It will be a bonus if you’re arty and love a bit of illustration, know Figma like the back of your hand, can write a spot of front end code, know design sprints inside out or the word agile means something more than your fitness level.
This is the primary design role in a small, design led, growing team. Beyond the day-to-day tasks there is a huge opportunity to shape the role. This role may be for you if you’re looking to move up to a senior design role, want to shape how design influences ministry thinking and help build out a design team.
Core tasks include:
- Interacting with partners and stakeholders to gather requirements
- Participating in Design Sprints
- Ideation and prototyping
- Creating hi-fidelity design for testing and implementation
- Setting up and documenting design systems and visual style guides.
- Helping run and evaluate user research interview sessions
- Defining User Stories with clear specifications for how features work and behave.
Figma, Miro, Slack, Trello, BitBucket, MacOS
- First up just send us an email with a link to your portfolio, and let us know why the Interaction Designer role gets you excited.
- We’ll be in touch. If we like what you’re bringing we’ll have an informal meet and great to check we both want to proceed.
- If so, there will be a small design challenge followed by a debrief together.
- Finally a formal interview and an opportunity to meet the rest of OneSheep team.
- We design awesome things together!
Drop us an email with a link to your portfolio, and let us know why the Interaction Designer role gets you excited and we’ll take it from there.